Next: Separate interfaces and
- Find, isolate, and implement means of handling expected
variability, while capturing common invariants in a single
- Define the ``domain of applicability'' (solution space) of the
- Basis for isolating components
- Basis for interface abstraction and refinement
- Basis for configuration specification -- components may be
parameterized to adapt to different contexts
- Must find common design decisions/functionality in order to
code and use it.
- Generalizing components to handle variability enhances reuse.
- Does it matter if you look for commonality or variability
Sat Apr 8 09:58:22 EDT 1995