Concurrent Programming in Java
© 1996-1999 Doug Lea
Errata for the first printing of the second edition
Corrections and Clarifications
- Page vi (acknowledgments)
- On most copies, a production error lopped off the rightmost
one or two characters on each of the top 4 lines. These lines should read:
... many contributions, helping to develop and extend material for
tutorials that in turn became included in the second edition.
Rosemary Simpson contributed numerous improvements in the course
of creating the index. Ken Arnold patiently helped me deal with
FrameMaker. Mike Hendrickson and the editorial crew at
Addison-Wesley have been continually supportive.
- Page 11
- If the applet appears to display only one particle, it is because
Random constructor on your JVM initialized all
generators with the same seed. While this is not an error in your
JVM or in the book, you can work around this by replacing line:
protected final Random rng = new Random();
protected final Random rng = new Random(this.hashCode());
- Page 79
- Change "... the accessor at while..." to
"... the accessor get while..." [Inconsistent method
- Page 81
- Change "... operations (size and at) ..." to
"... operations (size and get) ..."
- Page 170
- Change "... at only at ..." to "... at only ..." [Typo.]
- Page 252
- Change "... expense ..." to "... expense of ..." [Typo.]
- Page 392 (index)
- Replace page number reference for fork/join from "344-457"
Thanks to Linda Rising and Tom Shields for pointing out errors.
Please send any questions or comments about this book to
Last modified: Wed Oct 11 06:15:23 EDT 2000